Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
- Daigomi,Inc. will stipulate provisions concerning the protection of personal information, and ensure that its executives and employees are well informed of those provisions. In addition, Daigomi,Inc. will request its transaction partners, etc. be compliance with the laws and regulations with regard to the handling of personal information, as well as supervise, guide or consult therewith when necessary.
- Daigomi,Inc.will appoint a Personal Information Manager, and make security management system effective for handling of personal information and the like.
- In the collection of personal information, Daigomi,Inc. will state the objectives of collection and use in advance, and use those properly within that scope. It will use the collected personal information mainly for the following objectives:
1) For confirmation of products or services purchased or registered, and for delivery thereof
- For confirmation of applications for events or seminars, etc., and for distribution of email
- For confirmation of registration with variousservices, and for distribution of email
- For charging and payment for various services and for confirmation thereof
2) For provision or improvement of products or services that customers are using, and for development of new services
- For improvement of the contents of services and websites, etc. to be more satisfactory for customers
- For customization of contents of services and website, etc. to suit users
- For surveying satisfaction with services andwebsite, etc. ordered by customers
- For compiling information statistically processed from personal information, and publication thereof as survey results
- For tracking the status of use by customers and making use thereof for improvement of services and development of new services
3) For provision of information in relation to products and services offered
- For requesting cooperation in surveys or participation in various events, and reporting on the results thereof
- For tracking the status of use of such things as services and websites, and for provision of information and surveys, etc. on Daigomi,Inc. as well as companies and organizations that are considered beneficial for customers
Please note that, if there is any change in information which may disrupt the delivery of products or charging out of the collected personal information, such as the names of municipalities and zip codes, names of financial institutions or credit card expiration dates, etc., Daigomi,Inc. may change the registered information.
In addition, collected personal information may be associated with other information under management by Daigomi,Inc. For example, such information may be matched with the management system, etc. of periodicals published by Daigomi,Inc.for confirmation of the fact that the users are subscribers to periodicals, or the like.
Daigomi,Inc. will not provide to a third party personal information provided by the customer unless there is justifiable reason to do so such as in cases under the laws or regulations, or except for in the case where any of the following items is applicable.
- When there is the prior consent of the customer
- When disclosed as “statistical data” by which an individual cannot be
- When confirming the validity of bank accounts or credit cards, etc. of users with financial institutions and card companies, etc. in procedures of settlement for credit cards, etc. accompanying the use of paid services or orders for products
- When outsourcing handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary for achievement of the purposes of use
- Daigomi,Inc. will take measures necessary for personnel and technical aspects in order to prevent alteration, leaks of or unauthorized access to personal information or the like.
- When Daigomi,Inc. receives a request for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal data in its possession by the person himself/herself that provided the relevant information, as soon as the identification of the person is confirmed, Daigomi,Inc.will endeavor to deal with the matter swiftly in accordance with the laws and regulations based on the principle of speedy processing.
- Concerning rules and operation manuals with regard to security management, etc. of personal information formulated by Daigomi,Inc, it will ensure that its employees, etc. are well informed thereof so that they will continue to be effective, and will strive to maintain a security management system by reviewing or taking other measures as needed.
Please note that handling of personal information used for the purpose for news report or the purpose for literary work as set forth in Article 50, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information shall not be the target of this Basic Policy.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Concerning the stance on protection of personal information in the use of DaigomiWebsite and other official websites published by Daigomi,Inc.
Daigomi,Inc. respects the privacy of readers and on the official websites of Daigomi,Inc. (the Daigomi Websites”) it will handle the personal information of users that is acquired via the website in accordance with the following policies.
Protection of personal information
On the use of personal information
Daigomi,Inc. will not provide to or share with a third party the personal information provided by users who access the Daigomi Websites without the consent of the user himself/herself. However, in the following cases, Daigomi,Inc. may provide information regarding the user without the consent of the user within the minimum necessary scope.
- When provided in the form of statistical information by which an individual cannot be identified for the purpose of research and analysis of trends of use of websites aiming at improvement of offered services
- When necessary for the protection of life, health, assets and rights, etc. of users who access the websites and besides it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- When a national agency or local municipality request cooperation to execute operations set forth in the laws or regulations
When using the information by which an individual user can be identified as a part of services for the convenience of the user, with the consent of the user, Daigomi,Inc. will treat such information only in the following events:
- For services or functions provided by the Daigomi Websites, for the purpose of transmission of email notices that are distributed to users who desire, when users fill in answers to questionnaires or forms for confirmation of intent to purchase products offered, for the purpose of shipping premiums for application for gifts or products, etc., and for the purpose of communication or confirmation for the abovementioned operations or for inquiries of all sorts
- In addition, in the case where a user desires to participate in events promoted and announced on the Daigomi Websites, or in the case of complimentary event invitation program, etc., if it is necessary to enter multiple participants on one application, concerning services, etc. such as sending messages to persons who desire to apply for the program, Daigomi,Inc. may request provision of information on the names or contact addresses, etc. of the friends of the user who participate together with the user (only when the applicant user can obtain the consent of the person who accompanies the user)
- When it is judged necessary in operations relating to the abovementioned shipping or communications, Daigomi,Inc.may outsource the relevant operations to a third party that has executed a nondisclosure agreement with Daigomi,Inc. for the purpose of protection of personal information.
(When a customer does not desire to provide information by which an individual can be identified, there is no particular problem in viewing web screens; however, there may be cases where the customer cannot participate in the services provided by the Daigomi Websites or by promotion and advertising relating thereto, or where the customer is unable to receive product information.)
Data retention period
The Daigomi’s websites do not retain personal information of users in excess of the period necessary for the purposes of collecting the information such as questionnaires or applications for gifts, or in excess of the period stipulated under the governing laws or related laws and regulations. If the information is kept as record for information related to questionnaires, it will be handled as statistical information, after excluding personal information.
- In order to distinguish the PC used by the accessing person by the type of OS or browser, or IP address, etc., and ascertaining information on which pages were previously viewed by the relevant PC
By changing the settings of your browser, it is possible to refuse to receive Cookies or have a warning be displayed when receiving a Cookie. Please not in advance that, although most of the services on the Daigomi Websites can be used even if the browser does not accept Cookies, without Cookies, there may be restrictions such as improper functioning of services that the user can use, or significant decline of reaction speed, and furthermore, there may be cases where the user becomes unable to use the service itself.
Personal Information Manager
Daigomi,Inc. will assume managerial responsibility for collected personal information.
At Daigomi,Inc., we consider it extremely important to ensure the safety of all user related information by which identification of individuals is possible, and pay strict attention when receiving personal information sent from the computer of the user who accesses our websites to the web server of Daigomi,Inc. using industry-standard SSL encryption technologies. However, unfortunately, it is difficult to guarantee 100% safe data transmission via the Internet. Therefore, Daigomi,Inc. cannot completely guarantee technically the safety of the information transmitted by users at their responsibility or information received at Online Services of Daigomi,Inc.ei at the present stage.
Except as otherwise provided, the copyright herein such as text, graphics, icons, images, photographs belong to “the store.” Customers should use “the store” solely for shopping, and no other purposes.
Any contents of the site shall not be reproduced without written consent. Violation of any part of the above policy is subject to civil and regulatory penalty.
Paypal is used to purchase merchandise. There is no surcharge for using your credit card to make purchases. Information such as credit card number, credit card owner, credit card expiration date, home address, and home phone number is required. Incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Billing date will be the date when the merchandise is shipped.
The merchandise ordered before 13:00 JST will be shipped the following day except or Saturdays, Sundays and holidays unless otherwise specified. Merchandise will be shipped through EMS and/or e-packet by the Japan Post Office. However merchandise can be shipped differently as required by the guidelines destination countries. Under the ordinary conditions, international shipping will take approximately from two a maximum of four weeks depending on the destination. A tracking service for each shipment is provided by the Japan Post Office. We will provide a “tracking number” to customers after purchase.
A Packing and delivery are guaranteed. However, if any unexpected damage is seen on delivery, simply do not accept the package and contact your local post office.
The terms of sale is DDU*. The prices shown on our website do not include items such as VAT, import duty, tax and other charges. Any unexpected charges needed to complete the purchase should be paid by the customer. For more information regarding your country’s custom policies, please contact your local customs office or its agents.
Commission fee/Daigomi service fee:
Charges will become necessary in the running of the Daigomi website and the provision of customer support.
We will receive 3% of the purchase price of common products as the Daigomi service fee.
With regard to the inquiries, negotiations with the creator, arrangements for the products, shipping process from custom orders and the use of Send Photo, we will receive 15% of the purchase price as Daigomi service fee.
We will exchange products if damaged and if the wrong product is sent. However, if the product is out of stock, a complete refund will be granted by
- Notifying us by Email of the damage with detailed and reasonable explanation within 30 days after delivery.
- Returning the damaged item to the designated place it was originally shipped from or follow the instructions of our staff.
- Using the enclosed packing slip and return form, when returning damaged products
Return policy applies only if these procedures are followed.
Regarding Tax-Free Purchases
- About tax exemptions on exports
Any business entity intending to sell products in Japan shall, in principle, pay consumption tax.
However, goods are exempt from consumption tax if the sale is treated as an export transaction. (This system is called “Consumption Tax Exemption on Exports”). It is based on the idea that Japan’s consumption tax should not be imposed on goods which will be used outside of Japan. The term “Export transactions” indicates the export of goods, international shipping, international calls, international mail services and so on.
- About exemption of customs duties for export goods on DaigomiWebsite
DaigomiWebsite only carry items that are in stock in Japan.
Therefore, items purchased from DaigomiWebsite are exempt from Japanese consumption tax if you select a country or region outside Japan as the delivery destination. Tax free shopping is not applied to orders shipped within Japan.